2 way sync between units?

Interested in our products? Post your questions here. Let us answer before you buy.
AndyChicago
Starting out

2 way sync between units?

Post by AndyChicago » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:20 am

I have a TVS-871 at work and am thinking of getting one for my home office. I'd like the home one to be a remote backup but was wondering if it was possible/advisable to set the two units up in a 2-way sync so that I was always working locally?

gggplaya
Been there, done that

Re: 2 way sync between units?

Post by gggplaya » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:23 pm

Certainly possible, Qnap has RTRR/Rsync built into their software. It's very easy to set up.

But, the biggest issue is how big if your company. Does the work NAS has sensitive company data on it? Security should always be a concern.

AndyChicago
Starting out

Post by AndyChicago » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:37 am

Thanks. My company is very small, almost only me. Are you saying there's risk of the data that's being transferred getting seen by someone during the transfer?

RichSpan
Starting out

Post by RichSpan » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:26 pm

Hybrid backup is a pretty good app to get started with - I have a QNAP TS253A syncing to a Synology DS119 and a QNAP212P
*If first, you don't succeed USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!!!!!
*If first, you don't succeed.....don't try sky diving or bungee jumping!!!!!!
RAID IS NOT A BACKUP!!! - make sure your data is on a different device or location.
Current NAS's
TS253A
TS231P
DS119

blowfish
Starting out

Post by blowfish » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:43 am

RichSpan wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:26 pm
Hybrid backup is a pretty good app to get started with - I have a QNAP TS253A syncing to a Synology DS119 and a QNAP212P
@RichSpan,

sorry to drag this thread out of hibernation. I am currently trying to get a TS 459 Pro II to sync to a remote Synology over the internet using ssh on a non-std port.

I've confirmed ssh connectivity natively works over the non-std port. But can't get the QNAP to connect. I know the creds are correct, but think the "port" param in the settings dialog of setting up the remote server is causing the issue.

Obviously, I know what to put in the "IP Address/Hostname" and creds boxes. And to tick "Enable Encryption, port number". It is this box I would expect to put the non-std port no.

But I think the "Port" field is creating the issue and can't figure out what to put in there to get it to connect?

Can anyone assist pls?

P.S. What does the "Enable rsync to ES NAS" mean?

Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 13.21.28.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Presales”