WirelessAP Station and QTS 4.5.1

Discussion about various official QPKG software applications. Login required to view the contents.
dpaneque
New here

Re: WirelessAP Station and QTS 4.5.1

Post by dpaneque » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:50 am

Moogle Stiltzkin wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:54 am

the problem with downgrading is, you may also be exposing yourself to some vulnerabilities. might be okay if your nas isn't exposed online perhaps ... :'

If you must downgrade, i suggest you stick to the firmwares which the latest security patch covers
Thanks for the information.
I think I tomorrow I will give a try to the new Wireless APP 1.1.9 and see how things go.

dpaneque
New here

Re: WirelessAP Station and QTS 4.5.1

Post by dpaneque » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:45 pm

Hi there,
I updated the firmware to the lastest version of 4.5.1 (2020/10/24), and then I updated the WirelessAPP to 1.1.9.
The update of QTS 4.5.1 went relatively fast, but the update of WirelessAPP took a very long time (with the update being stopped "or crashing" and automatically re-starting).
Once done, only one of hte anteas was being recognized (5.0 GHz), and not the other one (2.4 GHz). I could not enable it.
But after rebooting the system, I could finally enable both antennas. I have been using them for one day, and they work well. Sometimes the connection gets interrupted, but only for short time. At this moment I do not know whether it was the router or the connection to the router through the QNAP. As I run for more days I will see whether this gets repeated over time (and hence QNAP) or whether this was just a one-day problem of my internet connection.

In any case, on Sunday evening and Monday morning, I could see several warning messages in the logs. See attached image.
ProblemWithConnection.PNG
I never saw that before when I was running QTS 4.4.3 and WirelessAPP 1.1.8.
What does it mean ? Is it somethign I should be worrying about ?

Thanks for the info.
David
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Official Apps”