HBS3 Restore

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
SomeStorageGuy
New here

HBS3 Restore

Post by SomeStorageGuy » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:36 am

I can configure EMC and NetApp arrays blind but I cant figure QNAP file restores so Im throwing in the towel and asking for help.

I recently backed up all my data to an external drive. I blew away the legacy volume. I created a new storage pool. My QTS451+ froze up. 12 hours later still froze. Hard reset the NAS, ejecting the disks while powered off. I rebuilt the system (I didn't have a ton of configs I cared about, just the data).

When I go into the HBS3 restore I am going to go ahead and restore one folder at the root (/) at a time. There are about 10 root folders which used to be shares (and hopefully can be again). When I restore one of these folders, it puts it in the subfolder of itself. For example:

/Dev1Partition2 is my external drive I am restoring from
/Dev1Partition2/Movies a the folder I want to restore to
/Movies is the folder I want the above folder restored to

But when I run the restore job, /Dev1Partition2/Movies gets restored to /Movies/Movies. I could go through and select all the sub-folders, maybe, but this 'Movies' is just an example and its not feasible to click all the folders.

If I delete /Movies and try and have it create /Movies in the restore job it fails.

Another option is to copy from the CLI, but I don't feel that it will copy everything the same as the HBS3 restore...

Help!

Thanks
4.5.1.1461 (2020/10/20)
TS-451+

SomeStorageGuy
New here

Re: HBS3 Restore

Post by SomeStorageGuy » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:34 am

Looks like what I needed was a sync job vs restore. Lame.

Im also disappointed that upon a restore it didnt reboot the NAS and I ended up doing this a few times to figure it out. Why would a restore not ask for, or perform, a reboot if its needed?!

Return to “Backup & Restore”