DLNA no longer seen on local network

DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast, PS3, XBOX, iTunes, & other media players
Turtle
Starting out

DLNA no longer seen on local network

Post by Turtle » Sun May 31, 2020 12:30 pm

TS-453B

Since the last couple of very recent updates, the DLNA server is no longer seen on the local network. Before the last couple of updates it worked fine.

DLNA server is enabled. The media files are listed in Content Management.

Media Streaming addon is enabled
Music Station is enabled
Video Station is enabled

In media streaming addon the DLNA players are listed (Hifi, TV, speaker, etc) but none of them see the NAS anymore.

I also have a TS-219 which is working fine (no change).

Turtle
Starting out

Re: DLNA no longer seen on local network

Post by Turtle » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:52 pm

Bump. Can anybody help?

dexter_dxxt
New here

Post by dexter_dxxt » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:58 am

Try to uninstall 'Connect to Q’center' and 'Q’center'. I don't why but after removing this apps my DLNA server started working again. Check yours networks setting twice or reset to defaults.

DarkSchneider
Starting out

Post by DarkSchneider » Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:42 pm

Hello, I had the same problem. What I did was a full clean.
- Disable the DLNA. Enable it.
- Be sure you have installed the Station of the content you want to share, i.e. for video install Video Station.
- On content administration, be sure you add the folders both the DLNA and the Station.
- Enable the thumbnails generator, not sure why but now on the content it does not count files without a generated thumb (something stupid IMO).
- Reindex everything. Now it should take shorter as index only the selected folders and not the whole disk. But the thumbs generator takes much longer.
- Wait both indexing and thumbs are finished.
- Reboot.
- Open Media Streaming Add-on and configure:
User account: guest
Network interface: HERE select manually the one connected to the network.
Port: 8200
All the other as you like.
On Media Receivers, be sure the option is checked.
- Apply All and Restart.

Now see if it appears on the network. But even doing this, sometimes shows and others not. The discovery protocol seems to be broken. If it does not show, while scanning (i.e. in your devices selection screen) open the Media Streaming Add-on on the Media Receivers screen, restart and click on Scan for devices. It is something soooo annoying.

neilgower
New here

Post by neilgower » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:54 pm

No matter what I do post upgrading to the latest firmware, even following the instructions above none of my devices can see the Qnap DNLA server, or any other DNLA server I install. Has anyone got a consistently working answer to this, or is it wait and hope to see if Qnap fix it next time. One of my primary use cases is a a DNLA server for my various media renderers so now my Qnap has kinda lost 50% of the funtionality I need. Not good.

I find having to have the various stations installed just to server my content our really annoying!

stalar
Starting out

Post by stalar » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:02 am

neilgower wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:54 pm
No matter what I do post upgrading to the latest firmware, even following the instructions above none of my devices can see the Qnap DNLA server, or any other DNLA server I install. Has anyone got a consistently working answer to this, or is it wait and hope to see if Qnap fix it next time. One of my primary use cases is a a DNLA server for my various media renderers so now my Qnap has kinda lost 50% of the funtionality I need. Not good.

I find having to have the various stations installed just to server my content our really annoying!
Hi neilgower,

I have the same problem. Unfortunately firmware release 4.4.3.1381 broke DLNA Media Server.

The problem I found is that Media Streaming Add-on settings, which are accessible via Advanced Settings in DLNA Media Server settings, are not accepting any values for Port information. I don't remember what value was there before but doesn't matter what I type now, I click Apply All and then leave or switch to a different tab-page, the value is erased and is blank. After that, coming back to DLNA Media Server settings I find it disabled.
Disabling and re-enabling DLNA didn't work. Removing and re-installing Media Streaming Add-on didn't work.
I was about to post more details but then I spotted your message. I'll definitely report it to QNAP Support.

DarkSchneider
Starting out

Post by DarkSchneider » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:00 pm

After some tests with the support, I made some others and the result is that if you left the clients searching, after a long time the NAS appears. It can take minutes (not kidding). So you have to use a client with constant search, not ones with a seach on start and then list the results.
Try to load your DLNA client and let it to seach during (up to 10) minutes, and see if it finally appears.
Also, do this test disabling any other media sharing device on the network, like any Windows media sharing, to avoid interference. And enable, on Control Panel > Service Discovery > uPnP, and Bonjour if you use an Apple TV (don't have one so as advice, but not tested).

zorba
First post

Post by zorba » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:54 am

Is there a fix for this issue yet? I am on firmware v 4.4.3.1421 and cannot see the DLNA server through my xbox. Disabling/enabling DLNA and restarting the NAS multiple times (TS 251) does not fix it.
Thanks!

stalar
Starting out

Post by stalar » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:54 pm

zorba wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:54 am
Is there a fix for this issue yet? I am on firmware v 4.4.3.1421 and cannot see the DLNA server through my xbox. Disabling/enabling DLNA and restarting the NAS multiple times (TS 251) does not fix it.
Thanks!
Hi,

Please log a fault with QNAP support. They will ask for remote access and will fix the problem. That’s what they did for my NAS and I no longer have that issue.

Cheers

Return to “Media Streaming”