Model number: TS-432XU-RP
Firmware version: 188.8.131.520
I am trying to use an external iSCSI LUN to create several new shared folders on the NAS. I am following this guide as closely as possible. It says "You can now create shared folders on the virtual disk".
However, after mounting the LUN:
I can't create any shared folders on it, apart from the one that was created automatically when I mounted the LUN:
I want to create more than one. I'm not sure why this isn't possible or if I've done something wrong?
Steps to replicate
1. Storage & Snapshots > iSCSI & Fibre Channel > Remote Disk > Add Virtual Disk
2. Put IP in and click Get Remote Disk
3. Tick Authentication box and put in the username and password. Click Next.
4. Enter a Virtual Disk Name, select “Format virtual disk now > EXT4”. Select Synchronous IO. Click Next.
5. “A virtual disk has been created successfully”. Click Finish. It shows as ready on the “Remote Disk” screen.
6. Open File Station. It appears as a disk on the left but I can't create new shared folders on it.
iSCSI related applications
1 post • Page 1 of 1