File server system and Google Drive

FTP Server, File Server, DDNS, SAMBA, AFP, NFS
ingmarcofilippini
Starting out

File server system and Google Drive

Post by ingmarcofilippini » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:56 am

Hello everybody.
We have a 24TB QNAP (4 bay) and we also have Google Drive (team shared Drive).

We currently use both storage systems, but we would like to try to unify things or otherwise have a policy for storage.
Do you have any advice on this? At the moment everything is archived at the user's pleasure. I would like to put everything on Drive and use the NAS only as a hybrid? Is 24TB a bit wasted for a hybrid? Performance side how do you see it? We have a public network 100mbit/s down and up.
But what if it was all locally but also on Drive? In this case we would have little free space because Drive has a lot of files.

Thank you

dolbyman
Guru

Re: File server system and Google Drive

Post by dolbyman » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:06 am

ingmarcofilippini
Starting out

Post by ingmarcofilippini » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:16 pm

Hi, yes in essence it is the same topic, but now I wanted to understand not how to integrate it, but if someone had used it and if so how.

Among other things, I notice that it does not work with "shared drives", the admin is read-only and if I add r/w users it removes them immediately afterwards and returns like this. Is there any bug? (screenshot attached)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:24 pm

Make sure you switch the UI to English before posting screenshots, not many people will be able to read Italian (?) on an English forum

ingmarcofilippini
Starting out

Post by ingmarcofilippini » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:35 am

I'm sorry. You're right, I didn't think about it.
could you give me some indication for my problem? Maybe they're in the wrong category.
I'm going crazy on HybridMount to connect GoogleDrive. I can't assign a user permission to a folder ... ie as admin I see them all but I can't add other users. Actually, even the admin only allowed "read". Maybe for this?

thanks a lot

Return to “File Sharing”