TS809-U QNAP - XP SP2/SP3 Explorer hangs

Windows Access Rights Management
pga
New here

TS809-U QNAP - XP SP2/SP3 Explorer hangs

Post by pga » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:50 pm

Hello guys,
we're testing about 3 weeks the qnap nas in a active directory company structure by using a dfs (distributed files system). We use Current firmware version: 3.1.1 Build 0828T and have generated 2 shares, one for every user and one for all of the employees. We have change 3 Hubs/Switches, but we have sometimes the problem that the explorer of clients which are using xp SP2/SP3 hangsup, after 60 seconds the explorer reacts again and everything is working correctly. We don't have activated and trunking or something else. I've wrote an email to the support of qnap and the wrote me back that they have trouble with passwords which containing some special characters. This should be fixed with the next firmware releasedate october. But i don't that this is the mainproblem. We althougt tried because of arcticle on the internet, to hide the network recylce bin.

Have somebody the same problems?

Kind Regards
Patrick

QNAPFrances

Re: TS809-U QNAP - XP SP2/SP3 Explorer hangs

Post by QNAPFrances » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:48 pm

pga wrote:TS809-U 3.1.1 Build 0828T
qnap nas in a active directory company structure by using a dfs (distributed files system).
have generated 2 shares, one for every user and one for all of the employees.
have change 3 Hubs/Switches,
have sometimes the problem that the explorer of clients which are using xp SP2/SP3 hangsup, after 60 seconds the explorer reacts again and everything is working correctly.

Hi Patrick,

1.Do you have the same problem for non-domain users(local user) to access dfs folders?
2.Do you have the same problem for domain user to access non-dfs folders?
3.Do you have the same problem for non-domain user to access non-dfs folders?
4.Have you tried to update your NIC FW?

TKS.

BR,
Frances

pga
New here

Post by pga » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:08 pm

Hi Frances,
thanks for your reply.

To your questions:
1.) we didn't tried this,because we only have domainusers
2.) we didn't tried this,because we only have domainusers
3.) we didn't tried this,because we only have domainusers
4.) How can i do this?

Thanks

pga
New here

Post by pga » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:23 pm

Hello

we resolved the problem on pour own, because we had 2 dns entries for the nas system with 2 different ip-adresses and this was confusing the explorer. So we removed on of the entries and everything is running like we expected.

Kind Regards

Return to “Windows”