Can not save shared option on share

Windows Access Rights Management
muggi
Starting out

Can not save shared option on share

Post by muggi » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:39 pm

Hi, after a nice "diskfailure" (the Qnap Nas reported I had moved one hd out of the NAS) of my one week old Qnap 639 pro.
Well thankfully I was able to rebuild the Raid 5 again, and with some help in here I recreated my default shares.
But I got 2 problems, first I had created my own share also before the crash, and i'm able to set it up manually again in the NAS.
Fine.. but i'm not able to the NAS to remember my share option for that specific share.
I'm trying to give admin RW access to the share , but somehow the mark in the RW field aint there the minute after im checking it and I cant
see the share in the Web file explorer in the NAS.
I have tried to set RW in the everybody and Administrators group, and directly in the "share folders" and in the users and tried to create a new
user and set up RW to that folder, but no luck.

Was working fine before the NAS said, I had removed the HD wich I hadn't.

Ok the second Share problem I have is, that I cant see the QNAP network from my windows pc at all ?
Also that worked fine before, and I have all the Network services enabled in the NAS. I tried to disable the network services and enable them again,
but no luck either there.
I'm able to ping the NAS, and can access the default shares (but not the share I had created myself) via Ftp from windows (win 7), but cant see them under network.

I have searched in here and tried forth and back the whole day now, but how can I fix this problem, any suggestion ?
I'm slowly beginning to slow my patience with this product

Regards
Muggi

muggi
Starting out

Re: Can not save shared option on share

Post by muggi » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:07 pm

OK, to follow a bit up on this, after another day of trying to get it to work, I tried to Change the Name of the QNAP and also change the Workgroup name.

Well on my Windows Xp sp3 machine the workgroup now appeared, but I cant access the group.
its says: Qnap is not accessible ...bla bla the network path was not found.
I have guest access allowed in the default PUBLIC share, and even though shouldn't it, when i try to access
the share if it was password protected, make a reuest for me to enter user and password ?

It seems like it still wont work on the Win 7 machine! The share wont show up.

And still no luck changeing the share options under users or folders in Qnap "Access Right Management"
Folders--> "Access Right to the Share Folder"

seems like some share option aint running as it sould on the NAS after it was rebuild.
Everything was working fine before.

muggi
Starting out

Re: Can not save shared option on share

Post by muggi » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:58 am

Well it seems like I found a solution (guess im talking to my self here :-) )

But anyway, here goes:
Via a ssh client I found out how to manually edit some .conf file in the /mnt/HDA_ROOT/.config
proftpd.conf
smb.conf

and there I was able to set up the permession for the own created shares that I couldn't apply from the webinterface of the NAS.

I think its not the most safe way, but it was either that or loose 3 gb og data, that would have meant, would return my NAS box.

Guess i was lucky afterall.. now i only need to find out how to be able see my nas though Windows network (workgroup) and NFS.

Any knows what files i need/can check to see if its correctly set up in the NAS ?

Return to “Windows”