What is the expected transfer speed?

Windows Access Rights Management
quoinguyen
First post

What is the expected transfer speed?

Post by quoinguyen » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:48 pm

Hi Everyone,

Ive recently purchased a QNAP TS-219P with 2 x 1.5TB Samsung HDD (setup as a single linear drive). Everything is going fine and Im loving the NAS however just wanted to find out what transfer speeds should I be expecting if im transferring all my movies and file from my laptop to the NAS over Wifi (Netgear DGN2000 router)?

Ive networked mapped my shared drives (using Vista) and if Im just cut and paste from my laptop to the NAS over wifi im getting speeds around 2.3Mbs/sec ..is that the normal transfer rate for this type of method?

Ive read the FAQ's and is currenly using Filezila FTP and getting a faser speed of around 2.5Mb/sec if im transferring a single file however if ive queued more than one file to transfer it is spilt to transfer across 2 files at once and getting around 900Kb/s - 1.2Mbs/s .

Can anyone please give me some information as to what I can do to improve this? or should I be using an alternative that would be better than filezilla? Ive got alot of movies, music and other files to transfer across (about 500Gb). Last night i transferred 30Gb and that took almost 2 hours...ive read other post and some people were getting speeds of 30Mb/s?? what am i doing wrong i wonder?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can reply to this.

Return to “Windows”