I WANT A RESONANCE-FREE NAS

Tell us your most wanted features from QNAP products.
JanL65
New here

I WANT A RESONANCE-FREE NAS

Post by JanL65 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:20 pm

MY POST IS A REQUEST, AND A COMPLAINT - I need a "silent front-cover plate, and a silent disk-tray" - and I am not a satisfied customer, untill I do get HW-parts, that are and stay silent !!
... (unit: TS-253Be, 22 months old - that has "resonated" in appr. 12 months now, which just keep getting worse! ...)

The story is, that I have been dealing with a resonating front-cover (TS-253Be), and now also a resonating empty disk-tray.

The Resonance-"Annoyance" (actually it is driving me nuts !) :

The only thing, that is "initiating" this, is a 100% working 4TB WD Red - which isn't vibrating any more than a normal nas-HDD vibrates (rotating 5400rpm) - and the noise can be removed 100% by touching the front-lid (and I can feel "no to slight" vibrations, which is 100% normal for a operating HDD).

I have also, to outrule the HDD, tested the HDD in my Asustor-NAS and Syynology-NAS, and it DIDN'T have ANY RESONANCE-ISSUES in these NAS's !!!..

Weirdly, Qnap and Qnap-disciples, writes, that the "solution lies in resolving the issue" with foam, rubber-pads, etc....

No-one writes, what is the reason :
- these Qnap's (the B, Be models with thin loose plastic-front-covers) and other Qnap's with the "new" plastic-trays, are just not suited for the job - that is, they resonates during normal use !!
- which is the same as = the units and/or front-covers and/or disk-trays should be replaced, to something that sits-tight !!

A Fresh Start :
- Start making the consumer-NAS's as good as the consumer-NAS's from Asustor, NetGear, Synology etc - mechanically - that is: Start making ones, that work with standard NAS-HDD's such as WD Reds !!
- And then, work on your App's (correct bugs and annyances, and make the worst ones work) ... then people like me will buy Qnap again, and we will go from being "dissatisfied swrewed consumers) to ones,that will addvertise for your brand (leading to improved sales !!)....

JanL65
New here

Re: I WANT A RESONANCE-FREE NAS

Post by JanL65 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:37 pm

PS: I have contacted Qnap-support - who requested that I set-up a helpdesk-teamview session ...
Ironically, the Helpdesk-app also has issues, causing failures in the support-initialization ...
And, support cannot be reached by mail, since they responds with a "noreply@" email-adress !!!
(qute frustration - and certainly not good customer-service)

jaysona
Easy as a breeze

Post by jaysona » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:10 pm

Now that you have vented on your soapbox, do you feel better?

QNAP is a corporation, corporations respond best to one thing only, money. Take your money elsewhere, if enough people do the same, then perhaps QNAP will make changes, but getting on a soapbox here and venting will have no effect on QNAP.
H/W: TS-219 Pro / TS-269 Pro / TS-253 Pro (8Gig)
H/W: TS-509 Pro x2 / TS-569 Pro / TS-670 Pro (i7-3770S 16Gig) x2 / TS-853 Pro (8Gig)
O/S: Slackware 14.2 / MS Windows 7-64 (x5)
Router1: Asus RT-AC86U - Asuswrt-Merlin - 384.18
Router2: Asus RT-AC68U - DD-WRT v3.0-r39960M kongac
Router3: Linksys WRT1900AC - DD-WRT v3.0-r43028 std
Router4: Asus RT-AC66U - FreshTomato v2020.3
Misc: Popcorn Hour A-110/WN-100, Pinnacle Show Center 250HD, Roku SoundBridge Radio (all retired)

OneCD
Ask me anything

Post by OneCD » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:55 am

JanL65 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:37 pm
PS: I have contacted Qnap-support - who requested that I set-up a helpdesk-teamview session ...
I'm wondering what QNAP think a TeamViewer session will tell them? It's clearly a hardware fault. :S

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Moogle Stiltzkin
Ask me anything

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:57 am

JanL65 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:37 pm
Ironically, the Helpdesk-app also has issues, causing failures in the support-initialization ...
And, support cannot be reached by mail, since they responds with a "noreply@" email-adress !!!
(qute frustration - and certainly not good customer-service)
you are supposed to reply back via the helpdesk system here
https://service.qnap.com/

or if you want a way so there is least chance of delaying help via slow ticket response, you can try their technical support hotline
https://www.qnap.com/en/contact-us/

it's fine to post the issue and complaint on the forum, but don't forget you should primarily also be creating the helpdesk ticket. cause qnap don't cater to complaints posted in the forum usually.
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS (HDN724040ALE640) & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A w. 5x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) EXT4 Raid5
[Backup] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) single disks.
[^] QNAP TS-659 Pro II
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-228
[^] QNAP TS-128
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Asus AC68U Router|100dl/50ul MBPS FTTH Internet | Win10, WC PC-Intel i7 920 Ivy bridge desktop (1x 512gb Samsung 850 Pro SSD + 1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Guides & articles
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin

Return to “Features Wanted”