Download station: Restarting the download daemon?

Tell us your most wanted features from QNAP products.
Kvarnen
Starting out

Download station: Restarting the download daemon?

Post by Kvarnen » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:27 pm

Hi again.

Since I'm having a few problems with the Download Station - see a few other threads for details - I tend to have to restart the entire TS-109 (not PRO) at least bi-daily. The rest of the TS is working fine, but since the Download-part of it is stuck in different ways the only way of "un-sticking" it is to restart.

A better way would be to be able to restart only the Download-part of the TS. I guessing there are at least one daemon involved, but I do need to restart the daemons from time to time. There may be a way of doing this from a telnet or ssh session - since the daemons (processes) are automatically restarted when they shuts down. Could you tell me little about this? What daemons are involved in the Download?

It is possible to add a "Restart Download Station" option? It should typically be located in the Web GUI where I enable the Download Station...

I'm gussing the need for this feature will diminish as the firmware updates fixes more and more problems, but as for now... :wink:

Regz
/ Martin
"We be good with fist, spear or submachinegun. We be a handful!" / Sulik, Fallout 2

QNAPRei
Been there, done that

Post by QNAPRei » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:57 pm

Hi Martin,

By disabling the Download Station option in Network Settings, all daemons related to Download Station are stopped.
Online Support Form: http://www.qnap.com/onlinesupport.asp
Support email: q_support@qnap.com.tw
MSN: q.support@hotmail.com

Kvarnen
Starting out

Post by Kvarnen » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:55 pm

Coooool!

I thought that might be tha case, but I didn't want to try it since I was afraid all my queues (Paused/Running/Finished List) would be emptied.

But you're saying it should be ok to disable and then re-enable the Download Station without losing the queues?

Sweet.

Regz
/ Kvarnen
"We be good with fist, spear or submachinegun. We be a handful!" / Sulik, Fallout 2

Kvarnen
Starting out

Post by Kvarnen » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:58 pm

Yay! It worked.

I stopped and then restarted Download Station. All my download queues were intact and all the lockups I saw in QGet are lost. This will definetly cut down on my TS restarts.

Thx a bunch
/ Kvarnen

QNAPRei
Been there, done that

Post by QNAPRei » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:03 am

Hi Kvarnen,

Glad that it worked. Thanks for letting us know.
Online Support Form: http://www.qnap.com/onlinesupport.asp
Support email: q_support@qnap.com.tw
MSN: q.support@hotmail.com

Kvarnen
Starting out

Post by Kvarnen » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:24 pm

From a "user-friendliness" point-of-view I would still like a "Restart" button for the Download Station. Typically on the same web page as the "Stop" and "Start"... :roll:

No hurry, though. Put it on your "things-to-do-as-soon-as-we-get-the-time"-list. :wink:

Regz
/ Kvarnen

Return to “Features Wanted”