[QPKG] sherpa mini-package-manager (CLI)

This is the best place for community developers to publish their genius work. Your Apps enrich the QNAP Turbo NAS.
OneCD
Ask me anything

Re: [QPKG] sherpa mini-package-manager

Post by OneCD » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:54 am

Hey @sprogger. :D
sprogger wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:43 am
Question 1 .. Is Sherpa likely to better retain my Medusa configuration during an upgrade?
It's really up-to the developers of the application. I can only work on backing-up and restoring the application configuration files outside of the application (this is what the QPKG service script does). But if the application devs wanted-to, they could clear an existing config after an upgrade or decide that a previous application backup is invalid.

This would be extremely rare though, and they would certainly tell people well-beforehand if that was going to happen.

So, you may have found a bug. If you're using a Medusa QPKG from another source, the responsible thing to do is let that source know what happened.
sprogger wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:43 am
Question 2 .. When I tried using sherpa to upgrade SABnzbd .. (sherpa upgrade SABnzbd command) after installing various packages it tells me SABnzbd is not installed (even though it is currently running) ... only thing I can think of is that over time I have moved from SABNzbdPlus to SABnbzd ,, any ideas?
Can you please post your sherpa session logs? I've no-idea of the current state of your NAS without these. ;)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

sprogger
Starting out

Post by sprogger » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:02 pm

Hi OneCD and thanks for the response
I managed to get somewhere by following your manual command line install of SABnzbd..

It failed at the migration of settings install with a message about not finding a valid SABnzbd (probably because I think mine predates this)..

Anyhow because I could still start my old QSABnzbdPlus I manually transferred the settings from old to new ... a

Am now running on current SABnzbd ,,,

Next to figure out how to migrate Medusa

Cheers
Sprogger

OneCD
Ask me anything

Post by OneCD » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:20 pm

Yep, the import feature I wrote for the new SABnzbd 3 QPKG only works with the SABnzbd 2.3.9 package installed via sherpa. ;)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

sprogger
Starting out

Post by sprogger » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:31 am

Hi OneCD
And all done ...

I ran the Medusa install from the Medusa interface and then manually added back my variables (API keys. providers etc)

Many thanks
Cheers
Sprogger

OneCD
Ask me anything

Post by OneCD » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:49 am

Good work! :geek:

aslakege
New here

Post by aslakege » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:04 pm

Hi OneCD,

First I want to thank you for your amazing efforts helping us all.

I am unsuccessfully trying to install SickChill. I have uploaded the debug logs here:

https://l.termbin.com/of9w

Please excuse my obvious lack of knowledge. I have really tried to find a solution before posting this.

Sincerely,
Aslak

aslakege
New here

Post by aslakege » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:31 pm

aslakege wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:04 pm

Please excuse my obvious lack of knowledge. I have really tried to find a solution before posting this.
I tried to run curl manually to download the SickChill package, and that completed successfully. I then again tried to install SickChill using debug mode:

https://l.termbin.com/thu6

Entware apparently does not start properly.

Any suggesstions?

Sincerely,
Aslak

OneCD
Ask me anything

Post by OneCD » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:40 pm

Hi Aslak and welcome to the forum. :)
aslakege wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:31 pm
Entware apparently does not start properly.
Let's try starting it manually:

Code: Select all

/sbin/qpkg_service enable Entware && /sbin/qpkg_service start Entware
... then logout your SSH session then back-in again.

You can test Entware by ensuring 'opkg' is found and runs correctly:

opkg
It's the end of my day here so I'll check-back in the morning.

aslakege
New here

Post by aslakege » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:03 am

Thanks a lot for bearing with me, OneCD.

First, I seemed to have an Entware qpkg package installed already (from QnapClub), so I tried uninstalling that, uninstalling SickChill and reinstalling Sherpa.

I then tried to install SickChill using

sherpa install SickChill

It successfully installed Entware, downloaded a bunch of IPKGs, and installed Python3 modules, and then got completely stuck on "Installing SickChill. This may take a while...". After 20 minutes, nothing else had happened. However when I looked afterwards, a SickChill directory had been created under /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/. This directory contains sickchill.sh, and a config directory only.

I tried starting Entware manually using your syntax above, then logging out and in again. I ran opkg, and it seemed to prompt me correctly:

"opkg must have one sub-command argument
usage: opkg [options...] sub-command [arguments...]
where sub-command is one of: ..."

I then tried

sherpa reinstall SickChill debug

Again, this process halts seemingly from not being able to start Entware (same as before).

The logs of all of this (hopefully) are here:

https://l.termbin.com/fbjm

Again, thank you for spending any of your time on this. I'm certain the root cause is my incompetence. :)

Sincerely,
Aslak

OneCD
Ask me anything

Post by OneCD » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:58 am

aslakege wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:03 am
Again, thank you for spending any of your time on this. I'm certain the root cause is my incompetence. :)
My guess is it's more to do with the new QTS 4.5.1. It seems to have a few issues. Hopefully, you won't need to downgrade to get everything working again. :S

Your log indicates a non-zero exitcode is being returned when attempting to start the Entware package. Let's see if we can fix that.

Please run these 5 commands:

/sbin/qpkg_service stop Entware; echo $?
/sbin/qpkg_service disable Entware; echo $?
/sbin/qpkg_service enable Entware; echo $?
/sbin/qpkg_service start Entware; echo $?
/sbin/qpkg_service start Entware; echo $?
... then paste your SSH session back here.

Xmantium
Been there, done that

Post by Xmantium » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:35 am

@OneCD, im currently running the old Transmission 2.94 using QTransmission, looks like Stephane v3 found here - viewtopic.php?f=320&t=155448 doesnt upgrade his v2, think theres a manual fix here - viewtopic.php?f=221&t=150693&p=763677&h ... on#p763677

Does your build in Sherpa use this fix or are you using your own build of the Transmission v3?
If yours has a solution to upgrade the old v2.92, please can you share the command line

Thanks again!

OneCD
Ask me anything

Post by OneCD » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:33 am

Xmantium wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:35 am
Does your build in Sherpa use this fix or are you using your own build of the Transmission v3?
If yours has a solution to upgrade the old v2.92, please can you share the command line
sherpa offers Transmission via Entware. I'm unsure which version will be installed and my old NAS isn't powered-on at the moment so I can't check. From memory, it's v3.

To install it yourself and find out:

sherpa install transmission
The new Transmission will appear as 'OTransmission' in your App Center and the default UI port is 9991.

The exact process to transfer settings from one QPKG to the other is highly-variable. I can't provide instructions for packages I don't use, such as Stephane's Transmission packages.

Khondo
New here

Post by Khondo » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:31 am

Hello and thanks for all the work you have done here.

Upgraded to Q.T.S 451 last night (yes already regretting it). Decided to reload some of the apps I use by using Sherpa, Started with Sickchill.

Sherpa installed fine, I have the icon in the console

Looks like Python 3.8 did not install though, no icon, even after refresh.

After a short time the SickChill 200916 icon appeared in the console

But the Sherpa SSh window is just sitting there;

proc: installing 'SickChill' - this may take a while ...

That has been there for over 3 hours now.

Do I restart my server to see if installed ok?

Should I manually install Python 3.8?

Or has something else broke due to QTS 451?

OneCD
Ask me anything

Post by OneCD » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:48 am

Hi! :)
Khondo wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:31 am
sherpa installs Python 3.8.x via Entware and there will be no separate icon for this in App Center.
Khondo wrote:
Something you might check is that the unsigned apps in your App Center have been started with the new console menu system that appears when you login as 'admin' via SSH.

I don't have access to QTS 4.5.1, so I don't know exactly what this menu does with regard to QPKGs.

If SickChill is still installing after 3 hours, then stop the install with <CTRL+C> and check the SickChill service log:

cat /var/log/SickChill.log
Anything interesting in there?

Khondo
New here

Post by Khondo » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:03 pm

OneCD wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:48 am
Hi! :)
Khondo wrote:
sherpa installs Python 3.8.x via Entware and there will be no separate icon for this in App Center.
Khondo wrote:
Something you might check is that the unsigned apps in your App Center have been started with the new console menu system that appears when you login as 'admin' via SSH.

I don't have access to QTS 4.5.1, so I don't know exactly what this menu does with regard to QPKGs.

If SickChill is still installing after 3 hours, then stop the install with <CTRL+C> and check the SickChill service log:

cat /var/log/SickChill.log
Anything interesting in there?
Hi, nothing of interest in the log file. So I started from scratch. Removed all old versions of sickchill, sickrage, etc. Then Rebooted NAS. Tried Sherpa install again and same thing, icon showed up but install just sat there. Restarted the sickchill service a few times and no luck.

So uninstalled again and tried the new sickchill package from Qnapclub Store. This worked, restored saved backup and old database loaded.

Not sure what my issue was and probably my configuration issue, but just thought I would let you know I am up and running again but not using Sherpa.

Return to “Community Apps”