QNAP TS-453 Pro stuck on "SYSTEM BOOTING"

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
dawsonkm
Starting out

Re: QNAP TS-453 Pro stuck on "SYSTEM BOOTING"

Post by dawsonkm » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:09 am

Yippym wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:14 pm
This topic is starting to sound like an Intel Atom C2000 bug, the CPU in the TS-453 Pro is the J1900 that is based on the Silvermont Architecture.

The Intel Atom E3800 series started to have issue of boot after long usage https://www.servethehome.com/another-at ... vli89-bug/
This is exactly what it sounds like. I have a NAS made by another vendor that has a C2000 CPU.
Last week it wouldn't start up and has nice flashy lights indicative of the known problem. It's well out of warranty. I knew it would happen eventually so there was nothing critical on it.
TS-431X2 QTS 4.4.1.1216 - Static Vol 4 x 8TB Hdd Raid 5 Using 10GBE
TS-431X2 QTS 4.4.1.1216 - Static Vol 4 x 8TB Hdd Raid 5 Using 10GBE
TS-431P2 QTS 4.4.1.1216 - Static Vol 4 x 8TB Hdd Raid 5
TS-431P2 QTS 4.4.1.1216 - Static Vol 4 x 8TB Hdd Raid 5
TVS-1282T QTS 4.4.3.1400 - Static Vol 8 x 4TB Hdd Raid 6, Static Vol 6 X 1TB SSD Raid 5 Using 10GBE

HelioJr
New here

Post by HelioJr » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:09 pm

Hi people. Here is the same: my TS-453-PRO ordered in 2015 works fine until yesterday (Sep 5, 2020). When I got home the system was halted and the four HDD led was blinking red with "System Booting....>>>>" message. No HDMI output signal. I have one raid5 (3 hdds) volume plus another stand alone hdd volume that backups the most important content from the first raid5 volume. So, I plug the standalone hdd in a PC and retrieved the data. Nothing worked for me: the steps of shutting down and power on with no hdds and also let it power off (cable removed) for 8 hours. What do you suggest for me? Will QNAP have an official solutions for this inssue thar really seens to be strinking so many people in the same time?

NAS_Q_User
Starting out

Post by NAS_Q_User » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:44 am

scar0x wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:32 am
Another one here. TS-453 ... SYSTEM BOOTING >>>>>,,,,

Turned off NAS, Removed drives, Turned it back on without drives.. NO luck.

Now I have all our data sitting here on raid 5 drives.. not sure what to do.
Looking to take the drives out and insert them into a SYNOLOGY, after purchasing it... Can any one forsee any issues with that... ?

I really do not want QNAP after reading this thread any longer.
Considering that NAS Data is encrypted and every manufacturer uses their own proprietary way of storing data, I will venture the bet that inserting the drives into a Synology will wipe the Data at worse or leave the data unreadable at best.

I would suggest either getting hold of another QNAP to retrieve and copy the data on another NAS or, ordering a QNAP again.

N.B. if you decide to transfer the data to another NAS, you will need at least one huge Harddisk to store the Data before reusing your old ones. Or order new Drives with the new NAS.

I bit the bullet and got the TS-453D, just inserted the old drives and was ready to go.

carmic
First post

Post by carmic » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:16 pm

alias71 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:48 pm
I got courage, I backed up everything on an USB hard disk, performed a factory reset, did not install any app (I just need the basic NAS functionality), and finally copied the data back to the NAS.
Everything looking good for now. I shutdown and powered on the NAS three times without issues. If it happens again I will open a ticket.
Thanks for all the help!!!
Hello,
I know that this topic is very old but I have the same problem now and I would like to know how you succeed to back up data because the NAS doesn't start.
Thanks for your answers because I don't really want to loose all my data

HelioJr
New here

Post by HelioJr » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:56 pm

I have an 3 HDD raid5 volume in my offline QNAP. I connect the HDDs to my PC and start it up with and pendrive with Unbuntu´s OS. Then i run this comand in the terminal and finished mount the volume with partition and volume graphical aplication. So, when the volumes got up I transfer the data to a NTFS HDD.

This is the comand to recognize your raid:

sudo apt-get install mdadm
sudo mdadm --assemble --scan

Then you should activate the volume with an partion commando or graphical app to become avaiable in Nautilus app.

darienmt
New here

Post by darienmt » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:14 am

Yes another TS-453-Pro-8G stuck in System Booting.
It beep-ed a week or so ago and restarted. After that, it got stuck in System booting. Today, I opened and pulled the drives out. Read all this thread and attached USB keyboard and hdmi with no response and the 4 bay's less in red.

I will try to take the info out of the hard drives, but I am a bit reductant of buying another one. Only if I cannot get the info out I will do it.

Thank you @NAS_Q_User for the experience with TS-453D. Just inserted the drives and ready to go is good.

Anyother person have this experience with other model(insert drives and go)?

NAS_Q_User
Starting out

Post by NAS_Q_User » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:56 am

darienmt wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:14 am
Yes another TS-453-Pro-8G stuck in System Booting.
It beep-ed a week or so ago and restarted. After that, it got stuck in System booting. Today, I opened and pulled the drives out. Read all this thread and attached USB keyboard and hdmi with no response and the 4 bay's less in red.

I will try to take the info out of the hard drives, but I am a bit reductant of buying another one. Only if I cannot get the info out I will do it.

Thank you @NAS_Q_User for the experience with TS-453D. Just inserted the drives and ready to go is good.

Anyother person have this experience with other model(insert drives and go)?
I can report that a friend of mine also had the problem and migrated to a TS-451+ 8GB also without problems.

He's not on the Forum.

Return to “Users' Corner”