NAS restarted and now stuck on initialization

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
cianoz
New here

NAS restarted and now stuck on initialization

Post by cianoz » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:12 pm

Hello
I'm having a big problem here with my TVS-672N. The NAS was doing a NAS-to-NAS copy job (backup), copying data to my old NAS. Suddenly some problem occurred (I guess), it restarted automatically and now it's stuck saying (on the display) "Hardware up - Initialization".
I have over 6 TB of data on my 4 HDD, I don't need to tell you my thoughts reading this message.

I shut it off and removed all the 4 HDDs then restarted it but it's stucking on the same message.
I would like to find a way for not loosing all my data but currently I can't event complete the boot.

The green and orange LEDs of the network interface are on and the "LAN" LED on the front panel is off. But QNAP Finder can't see the NAS on the network.
The NAS has (had) the latest firmware (4.4.1.1216).

Does anyone has tips on what to do?
I contacted the QNAP support but it don't seem they'll reply soon (coronavirus)

Flotsch123
Know my way around

Re: NAS restarted and now stuck on initialization

Post by Flotsch123 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:33 pm

any solution? have the same problem with my TVS-872N.

cianoz
New here

Re: NAS restarted and now stuck on initialization

Post by cianoz » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:24 pm

In my case it was a hardware problem, something got broken and I opened an RMA request. And after a looooong time QNAP replaced my NAS.
It's worth to say that QNAP took 4 months (four) to manage the issue and replace my unit.

Return to “Miscellaneous”