Can't connect to network

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
some_noob
New here

Can't connect to network

Post by some_noob » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:17 am

Hi all,

I recently got a TS-453Be, and since the beginning I had trouble connecting to my network. After some time it finally connected, and I updated the device. Since then I have not been able to connect to the network.
Every ~15 seconds I get the following two messages, always alternating:
Network & Virtual Switch Infrastructure [Network & Virtual Switch] Interface "Adapter 1" disconnected.
Network & Virtual Switch Infrastructure [Network & Virtual Switch] Interface "Adapter 1" connected.

I contacted support who told me I should check my router, unfortunately I have to use the one provided by my ISP and the ISP's support was not helpful at all.
I can only connect to the NAS if I directly connect it via ethernet to my desktop, and have tried to change resetting both the NAS and router, as well as changing some network settings, none of which has helped.

Does someone here have an idea what I could try? I would be grateful for any help.

dolbyman
Guru

Re: Can't connect to network

Post by dolbyman » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:14 am

put a little switch between the router and the NAS to see if that helps (wonky port on the NAS/router)

some_noob
New here

Post by some_noob » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:23 am

Unfortunately I do not have a switch readily available, is there another option I could try?

dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:24 am

another cable ?

those constant connects/disconnects are not normal .. so something is bust

some_noob
New here

Post by some_noob » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:02 am

Maybe I should have mentioned it from the beginning, but if I connect my desktop in exactly the same way as I connect the NAS, everything works fine.
It seems to me as if the NAS does not get an IP address for some reason, is there anything I could try in that regard?

dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:29 am

then it might be a busted port on the NAS, there is not need for the NAS to constantly reconnect, no matter if DHCP works or not

your NAS has two Ethernet ports, did you try the other one ?

griever
New here

Post by griever » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:41 pm

You could try setting one of the network ports on the NAS to a static IP to confirm if its a dodgy port/unit or an issue with DHCP from your ISP router.

dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:57 pm

op is already using one of the other ports for access

joetomberlin
First post

Post by joetomberlin » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:25 am

I am having a similar issue with my 4 year old TS-251+. Could not reliably connect via browser to login screen or drive mappings. It would connect for a minute then disconnect. Checked cables, switches and router with no problems found. I have static IP settings so no DHCP or DNS problems.

Finally just switched the cable from Adapter 1 to Adapter 2 and problem went away. Do these units have a history of ethernet ports going bad? Are they repairable?

some_noob
New here

Post by some_noob » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:53 am

Both ports have the same issue.
I tried setting a static IP address, after several tries (changing the static IP each time), it finally worked. However after a software update and a reboot of the device it stopped working again...

I also tried contacting qnap's tech support, who looked at the logs and said that everything was fine with the device (after taking forever to respond) and that I should check my router.

Maybe someone has an idea for something I could still try?

AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Post by AlastairStevenson » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:28 pm

Maybe someone has an idea for something I could still try?
The first trouble-shooting things to try would be :

Change the ethernet cable that connects the NAS.
Change the switch / router port that the NAS is connected to.
Try accessing with a different PC, using a wired connection.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.

Nothingworks
First post

Post by Nothingworks » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:25 am

I have this too. Its ok if I bypass the Deco mesh routers set to accespoint and plug it straight to the modem. There has to be something that I could do?

Return to “Miscellaneous”