[Discussion] Not entering HDD standby mode?

Discussion about hard drive spin down (standby) feature of NAS.
stevoaus
New here

Re: [Discussion] Not entering HDD standby mode?

Post by stevoaus » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:51 pm

This is my first post here and sincerely i don't feel the qnap products are really any good. Sorry if i sound a bit brash to start with. I have just purchased the TS219P and to read all the problems others are having with products like mine and probably more advanced than mine really sickens/scares me. I mean why should a product not be able to perform a simple and basic function like hdd standby, i can't figure it out. Please i really need your advice as i am yet to even open the TS-219p and i am already thinking it's better i return it all-together and just stick with a manual back-up process. I mean the frustration, lack of timely response and effective resolution to problem does not impress me one bit. Why do you release a firmware if it does not fix customer problems? Granted, i don't expect the product to be 100% perfect but for goodness sake if qnap can't solve problems maybe they shouldn't be in business in the first place.

johannlo
Starting out

Post by johannlo » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:59 pm

stevo chill out.

Mine has never worked w/ standby (TS409 - 4 bays in RAID5, now running 4.5Tb array) but I have not had any real issues for nearly 2 years. It runs 24x7.

I've pulled out drives and rebuilt several times, just to test the redundancy. no issues.
Started w/ 3x750Gb in RAID 5, added a fourth. no issues.
Then after a year I changed 4x750Gb to 4x1.5Tb. no issues (but took ** ages!!!).
In fact with no standby active I've yet to experience a single disk failing.
On 24x7 w/ web facing FTP active to boot.

Power consumption is annoying but if you look into it HDDs use sweet FA power compared to say your monitor or CPU. And your little QNAP is chewing a lot less juice than even a laptop, even fully loaded.
Quiet, never fails, easy access to drives (esp compared to tangled inaccessible mess of standard PC case).

Really the people worried about spindown are slightly overstating the real world impact (ie very little). You may get a bit less life out of your drives but if you're anything like me, in a year or two its time to upgrade anyway, esp with the pace of storage increase/price drops.

ANd if you think HD spindown issues are restricted to QNAP you are oh so wrong, go and gander at the synology and buffalo forums. same griping. Its actually the HDD manufacturers fault, or more accurately, HDD manufacturers nerfing firmware for 'consumer' level drives, if you stick with server edition or RAID edition drives those people tend to have far, far fewer issues. Blame the HD manufacturers (in particular how they don't seem to care about linux, only win and osx)

streep
New here

Post by streep » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:06 am

QNAS 119 here, running firmware 3.1.2 Build 1014T with a Samsung HD154UI.

Exactly the same issue as dozens of people here, in my case I also found that the 119 wasn't putting the HD in standby the moment Twonkymedia (UPnP Media Server) was enabled. When disabled, it went to standby and stayed there.
Using blkdevMonitor I saw that the process qLogEngined kicked it out of standby, the file it referred to was event.log end event.log-journal. Forgot to save the exact output, but was something like this:
qLogEngined(123): dirtied inode 12345 (event.log) on sda1
qLogEngined(123): dirtied inode 23456 (event.log-journal) on sda1

That file (event.log) contained the blocked connection attempts towards the QNAP and was indeed updated at the same time it came out of standby. The content of the file revealed that my wireless router seemingsly was trying to access twonky on UDP 1900... My security settings of the QNAP are set to high and just only have the IP's of my pc's allowed through, everything else is blocked and automatically logged (read: written to the HD).
Sniffing the traffic showed the messy SSDP broadcasts from twonky and the result of these constant broadcasts was that my router answered on them every 15 minutes. Due to this UDP answer, the QNAP saw an "Access Violation" and wrote it to disk ;-)

Since it's all internal network, I then added the IP address of my router to the list of IP's in the security settings. Result is that the no "Access Violations" are written to disk anymore and nothing is waking the HD up.
A better solution would be a configuration option to disable the SSDP broadcasts, to stop my router from answering on them, to disable the logging for some rules, ... But unfortunately we have to use the options given to us :-)

Endresult is that my QNAP is now having twonky enabled and goes to standby when it should - staying there as it should. I'm not concerned about the minimal extra power consumption, but much more concerned around the lifetime of the disk by spinning down and starting up again every 15 mins.

PeterDB
New here

Post by PeterDB » Wed May 19, 2010 8:08 pm

I have just been in contact with Customer Care and got the same/similar questions as the ones mentioned in the first thread.

- email from customer care -
First of all, make sure you have enabled the "disk standby mode" function in System Tools/ Hardware Settings on the administration page. If the function does not work according to your settings, you may check if the following services are running. There must NOT be any access to these services for the HDD standby mode to work.

1. UPnP/Twonkymedia function on NAS
2. NTP server
3. BT download
4. Microsoft Networking -> AD service, WINS server, Domain Master
5. Share folder mapping
6. Network access to the NAS. If the NAS is connecting to Internet, make sure you don’t enable DMZ or port forwarding on your router/firewall. Hacker may try to connect your NAS and thus prevent HDDs to entering standby.
7. QNAP Finder, Quick Install Wizard, NetBak Replication, QGet. These programs will keep checking the existence of the NAS and prevent it to entering standby.
8. If your NAS is shared among multiple PC on the same network, be sure there is no access from the PC to the NAS. You can disconnect the LAN cable to assure this.
9. If you have installed add-on programs like SlimServer on your NAS, the HDD standby mode of QNAP NAS might not function since these programs might affect the service access status to the NAS.
10. If you have copy a lot of pictures to the NAS, the NAS will create the thumbnail files for the pictures. This may take a long time (even days if there are many pictures). You can see a running process “/usr/local/sbin/ImR_all -soft /Qmultimedia” after issue ps command. Please wait patiently for this process to complete.

- my reply -
To answer your questions:

1. UPnP/Twonkymedia function on NAS
> No UPnP/TwonkyMedia Server running

2. NTP server
> No Network Time Protocol Server running

3. BT download
> Do not use it for torrent downloading.

4. Microsoft Networking -> AD service, WINS server, Domain Master
> no Active Directory, WINS or any other server running on the NAS.

5. Share folder mapping
> No folders are mapped to any computer. I only access it via UNC paths, using either the IP address or hostname.

6. Network access to the NAS. If the NAS is connecting to Internet, make sure you don’t enable DMZ or port forwarding on your router/firewall. Hacker may try to connect your NAS and thus prevent HDDs to entering standby.
> No ports have been opened towards the NAS. In fact, no ports are open on my router and my router has UPNP disabled.

7. QNAP Finder, Quick Install Wizard, NetBak Replication, QGet. These programs will keep checking the existence of the NAS and prevent it to entering standby.
> None of these are used. I know my QNAP NAS IP by hart and backups are done to USB HDD connected directly to the affected computer not to the NAS.

8. If your NAS is shared among multiple PC on the same network, be sure there is no access from the PC to the NAS. You can disconnect the LAN cable to assure this.
> It is shared. However, based on the logs it only the hardwired computer (which is always on also) which is causing the issue. The issue of course does not happen when the hardwired computer is off (same as disconnecting the ethernet cable).

9. If you have installed add-on programs like SlimServer on your NAS, the HDD standby mode of QNAP NAS might not function since these programs might affect the service access status to the NAS.
> No I have not installed any add-on programs. My 419p is only for storage, as I knew the SSTOS would hinder standby mode.

10. If you have copy a lot of pictures to the NAS, the NAS will create the thumbnail files for the pictures. This may take a long time (even days if there are many pictures). You can see a running process “/usr/local/sbin/ImR_all -soft /Qmultimedia” after issue ps command. Please wait patiently for this process to complete.
> The NAS has already been running for more than one month and has already indexed all the pictures.

I have actually been able to narrow down the issue.

1. I enabled the System Connection Log on the QNAP and I got this as the result: http://i.imgur.com/oHKox.png . Two access requests, but no file access requests always from the same computer.
2. I checked the interval between the logs http://i.imgur.com/5XPIM.png and determined it was 32 minutes between each other. Exactly 2 minutes after the spin-down of the NAS.
3. With some hard work, I was able to run a netstat -b command at the exact moment, at the 32 minute interval, to see what applications had ports open, and this is what I found http://i.imgur.com/B1sPM.png

Turns out that when Windows 7 no longer senses the QNAP when it goes into standby, 120 seconds late it launches a netbios scan to redetect it. As the way QNAP reacts to netbios requests, it wakes up the entire harddrive array and spins up the drives again.

There is already a massive thread about this on the forum: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=70 (which I see you already posted the first thread on). The issue was already blogged about two years ago here: http://nachtrab.de/2007/09/04/qnap-ts-1 ... -sporadic/

So far, after I have disabled netbios my 419p stays in standby when not active.

It is really the way the QNAP's react towards netbios which is causing it to wake up.

Any fix for this?

michlv
New here

Post by michlv » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:28 am

Hi I had the same problem of disks not spinning down (go to standby) even when set. I have TS-210 with QNAP firmware 3.3.1. Using the blk*.sh script and "find /share /mnt -mtime -1 | xargs ls -la | more" I was able to identify which files are being changed:

/share/MD0_DATA/.locks/wins.dat - every minute
/share/MD0_DATA/.locks/genchage*.tbd - every 10-15 minutes.
and some other files in /share/MD0_DATA/.locks/

Those are samba files (windows shares), which as I read do not necessarily need to be backed up, which I interpreted as if they are lost during NAS reboot, nothing will really happen. So adding following line into /etc/smb.conf cured the problem:

lock directory = /tmp

one can check if disk is standby by running "hdparam -C /dev/sda" for first disk.

The only problem which I have now is that the "Status LED" does not switch off, but that is not big deal if the disks are really sleeping.

Grover
New here

Post by Grover » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:08 am

Yaay! I have finally got my TS-109 HDD to spindown.
I'm using a Seagate ST3500320AS with AD14 firmware. I have tried every TS-109 firmware, currently using 3.2.0 Build 0622T. I have disabled every process, full reset, disconnected from the network. But still it would not go to sleep. The status led would go out at the set interval, but I could hear the HDD still grinding on.
There was a post in the forum " The lights are out but someone is still at home" that was talking about the HDD firmwares. I am a bit gunshy about Seagates, I have had a rash of problems lately and a couple of failures. The Seagate site gave a new firmware SD1A. I was very shy of that one, SD1A initially had caused many drives to be bricked, but I was hoping that that had been solved now. Went ahead and reinstalled drive now with SD1A.
Yaay! it goes to sleep, HDD spins down, then a little while later the status led goes out. Now to slowly start re-enabling things.
"Sssh! I am typing this quietly so I don't wake it up"

dnavas
Starting out

Post by dnavas » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:44 am

michlv wrote:Hi I had the same problem of disks not spinning down (go to standby) even when set. I have TS-210 with QNAP firmware 3.3.1. Using the blk*.sh script and "find /share /mnt -mtime -1 | xargs ls -la | more" I was able to identify which files are being changed:

/share/MD0_DATA/.locks/wins.dat - every minute
/share/MD0_DATA/.locks/genchage*.tbd - every 10-15 minutes.
and some other files in /share/MD0_DATA/.locks/

Those are samba files (windows shares), which as I read do not necessarily need to be backed up, which I interpreted as if they are lost during NAS reboot, nothing will really happen. So adding following line into /etc/smb.conf cured the problem:

lock directory = /tmp

one can check if disk is standby by running "hdparam -C /dev/sda" for first disk.

I found this to be extremely helpful. In my case, I have 3.3.2 on a 659 Pro+, and the file which seemed problematic was connections.tdb (I think you meant "gencache*.tdb" and not "genchage*.tbd" :shrug: ). About nine minutes after my harddrives spun down, connections.tdb would be touched.

For those following at home:

Code: Select all

/etc/init.d/services.sh stop
  vi /etc/smb.conf                 ### find [global] section and add the "lock dir..." line from above inside the section
  /etc/init.d/services.sh start

I was disappointed to see that "cache directory = /tmp" did not work, given that smbd is version 3.5.2, and it's supposed to be available as of 3.4. I would feel a bit better if the persistent lock files were still in /var/log/samba/locks/, and I'm fairly sure that this edit will not survive a reboot, but it's a good workaround for now until QNAP manages to separate these tdb files into persistent and non-persistent files. If anyone can get "cache directory" or "state directory" to work, I'm all ears!

I have ALSO noted that spindown only works on my F4 Samsung 2TB drives if I set the timeout to 20min or below. It's possible that the problem is related to connections.tdb, or that the timeouts on F4s work funny (see: http://linux.die.net/man/8/hdparm for the skinny on spindown settings, and why 20min might be a magical breaking point). I'll determine that next....

edit: spoke too soon. Apparently smbd also wants to access the smbpasswd file, and when it does, it updates the access time, dirtying an inode, etc. Am seriously contemplating: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=22069

If anyone can save me the pain, I'd sure appreciate it.

hmann
New here

Post by hmann » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:31 pm

keule
Getting the hang of things

QNAP-PLEASE REPLYRe: [Discussion] Not entering HDD standby m

Post by keule » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Any feedback if "lock directory /tmp" does help?
I have the same problem: My single drive installed in a 419P does wake up between 1-30 sec after it sucessfully shut down.
SMARTS does already show 1300 spin-up cycles and I'm afraid the problem will damange my drive sooner or later.

It is esseantial for me for have HDD standby, but I will not disable services that are vital for me like SMB or Twonky. I expect a solution from QNAP or at least a feedback.

Disableing of all those services named in the Wiki is no solution, because without them, it's not a NAS anymore. Besides that it even happens when the LAN cable is removed.

QNAP:
- What about the MD9 raid discussion in this thread? I have a single drive, no raid. Is this the reason for my problem?
- What about the locks discussion - Is the fact that the locks are stored on the HDD the reason for it to wake up constandly?

I'm really missing QNAP contribution in all this HDD power-down discussions. We seem to have an unsovled issue here that affacts a couple of users and I'm afraid QNAP is ether not willing or not able to help!

-keule
QNAP TS-419P, 2x Samsung 1.5TB istalled, EXT3, no raid, Firmware 4.0.1.

nirgal76
Starting out

Post by nirgal76 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:01 am

For standby mode working on my TS119, i had needed the following settings (i don't use any extra package, only built-in functionnality):
1 - use a different workgroup than the one i use on my computers. with that, NAs goes to standby mode even if my computers has a shared folder on the NAS (but only if i don't browse it of course).
2 - disable (on the NAS) all network access protection (BAN and IP blocking). And even if disable, if an ip remain in the security log as blocked (i don't rememer the location of this log file), it makes the standby mode to fail. So you must disable the security, but also purge the security log file.

Nirgal
TS-459 Pro (4x 2To RAID5) - 2 Go Ram (CAS 5) - v4.2.0.130 Samba + FTP + NFS + Download + multimedia + DLNA Station
TS-239 Pro II+ (1To + 2To RAID0) - 1 Go Ram - v4.2.0.130 - mirror of the TS-459 Pro + Samba + NFS + PXE Server (DCHP+TFTP)
TS-119 (3 To) - v4.2.0.130 - mirror of the TS-239 Pro II+/ Samba
NetGear ReadyNas 2100 - (4x 1.5To RAID5) - mirror of the TS-459 Pro + ESXi DataStore (NFS)

amichel
New here

Post by amichel » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:04 am

The issue that I have on my TS239-ProII+ is that twonky still access the clients.data file, so therefore the disks do not spindown.
I am using the latest beta FW 3.4.021 and Twinky 6.0.30.
I tried to implement a workaround by moving the clients.data file to a ramdrive but was not successful. The only thing that comes into my mind would be to copy twonky completely to a ramdrive.
But I have no idea how to implement this :(

StarMox
Starting out

Post by StarMox » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:28 pm

hello,

i have a ts-210 that sleept superbly on 3.39 firware (night time), now on 3.5.0 it cannot go to sleep at all.
Please help
diagnostic report from blkdevMonitor:

Code: Select all

[/] # /root/blkdevMonitor.sh     
---blkdevMonitor---
Countdown:
Turn on block_dump
Clean old dmesg
Start...

/dev/sda:
 issuing standby command
 setting standby immediately.

/dev/sdb:
 issuing standby command
/dev/sdc: No such device or address
/dev/sdd: No such device or address
/dev/sde: No such device or address
Countdown:

/dev/sda:
 issuing standby command

/dev/sdb:
 issuing standby command
 drive state is:  active/idle
[58165.020000] nmbd(27372): dirtied inode 1414 (wins.dat.27372) on md0
[58165.020000] nmbd(27372): dirtied inode 1413 (?) on md0
[58170.910000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 108195264 on md0
[58170.910000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58170.910000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58171.000000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973403032 on md0
[58177.100000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sda3
[58177.100000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sdb3
[58179.090000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973403040 on md0
[58179.090000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973403048 on md0
[58179.090000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973403056 on md0
[58179.090000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973403064 on md0
[58179.090000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973403072 on md0
[58179.090000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973403080 on md0
[58179.090000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973403088 on md0
[58179.090000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973403096 on md0
[58179.090000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973403104 on md0
[58179.100000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58179.100000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58179.100000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387264 on sda3
[58179.100000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387264 on sdb3
[58180.340000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973403112 on md0
[58180.600000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58180.600000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58180.610000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sda3
[58180.610000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sdb3
---counter=1---
Countdown:

/dev/sda:
 issuing standby command

/dev/sdb:
 issuing standby command
[58211.020000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973403256 on md0
[58211.020000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973403264 on md0
[58211.020000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973403272 on md0
[58211.020000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973403280 on md0
[58211.020000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58211.020000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58211.020000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387264 on sda3
[58211.020000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387264 on sdb3
[58211.040000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973403288 on md0
[58211.270000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58211.270000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58211.280000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sda3
[58211.280000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sdb3
[58212.290000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58212.290000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58213.290000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58213.290000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58213.290000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387264 on sda3
[58213.290000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387264 on sdb3
[58216.180000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 0 on md0
[58216.180000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58216.180000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58216.190000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sda3
[58216.190000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sdb3
[58216.200000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 8 on md0
[58216.200000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 32 on md0
[58216.200000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 8328 on md0
[58216.200000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 8464 on md0
[58216.200000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 9160 on md0
[58216.200000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 74104 on md0
[58216.200000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 77848 on md0
[58216.200000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 104857696 on md0
[58216.210000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58216.210000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58216.420000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58216.420000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58216.430000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sda3
[58216.430000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sdb3
[58217.440000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58217.440000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58218.440000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58218.440000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58225.180000] nmbd(31182): dirtied inode 1413 (wins.dat.31182) on md0
[58225.180000] nmbd(31182): dirtied inode 1414 (?) on md0
[58230.200000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 108195288 on md0
[58230.200000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58230.200000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58231.000000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973403296 on md0
[58232.090000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sda3
[58232.090000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sdb3
[58233.250000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973403304 on md0
[58233.250000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973403312 on md0
[58233.250000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973403320 on md0
[58233.250000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973403328 on md0
[58233.250000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973403336 on md0
[58233.250000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973403344 on md0
[58233.250000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973403352 on md0
[58233.250000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973403360 on md0
[58233.250000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973403368 on md0
[58233.250000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58233.250000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58233.250000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387264 on sda3
[58233.250000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387264 on sdb3
[58233.270000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973403376 on md0
[58233.530000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58233.530000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58233.540000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sda3
[58233.540000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sdb3
[58234.550000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58234.550000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
---counter=2---
Countdown:

/dev/sda:
 issuing standby command

/dev/sdb:
 issuing standby command
[58310.270000] md9_raid1(461): WRITE block 1060120 on sda1
[58310.270000] md9_raid1(461): WRITE block 1060120 on sdb1
[58310.470000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 108195320 on md0
[58310.470000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58310.470000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58310.490000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sda3
[58310.490000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sdb3
[58310.510000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58310.510000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58310.720000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58310.720000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58310.740000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sda3
[58310.740000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sdb3
[58311.000000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973403648 on md0
[58311.000000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58311.000000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58311.010000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sda3
[58311.010000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sdb3
[58311.010000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973403656 on md0
[58311.010000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973403664 on md0
[58311.010000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973403672 on md0
[58311.010000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973403680 on md0
[58311.010000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973403688 on md0
[58311.010000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973403696 on md0
[58311.010000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973403704 on md0
[58311.010000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973403712 on md0
[58311.010000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973403720 on md0
[58311.010000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387264 on sda3
[58311.010000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387264 on sdb3
[58311.020000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973403728 on md0
[58311.260000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58311.260000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58311.270000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sda3
[58311.270000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sdb3
[58312.280000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58312.280000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58313.290000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58313.290000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58313.290000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387264 on sda3
[58313.290000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387264 on sdb3
[58313.900000] flush-9:9(6057): WRITE block 0 on md9
[58313.900000] md9_raid1(461): WRITE block 1060104 on sda1
[58313.900000] md9_raid1(461): WRITE block 1060104 on sdb1
[58313.920000] md9_raid1(461): WRITE block 1060096 on sda1
[58313.920000] md9_raid1(461): WRITE block 1060096 on sdb1
[58313.930000] flush-9:9(6057): WRITE block 8 on md9
[58313.930000] flush-9:9(6057): WRITE block 272 on md9
[58313.930000] flush-9:9(6057): WRITE block 280 on md9
[58313.930000] flush-9:9(6057): WRITE block 288 on md9
[58313.930000] flush-9:9(6057): WRITE block 304 on md9
[58313.930000] flush-9:9(6057): WRITE block 3608 on md9
[58313.940000] md9_raid1(461): WRITE block 1060104 on sda1
[58313.940000] md9_raid1(461): WRITE block 1060104 on sdb1
[58314.150000] md9_raid1(461): WRITE block 1060104 on sda1
[58314.150000] md9_raid1(461): WRITE block 1060104 on sdb1
[58314.160000] md9_raid1(461): WRITE block 1060096 on sda1
[58314.160000] md9_raid1(461): WRITE block 1060096 on sdb1
[58315.160000] md9_raid1(461): WRITE block 1060104 on sda1
[58315.160000] md9_raid1(461): WRITE block 1060104 on sdb1
[58316.500000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 0 on md0
[58316.500000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58316.500000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58316.520000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sda3
[58316.520000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sdb3
[58316.530000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 8 on md0
[58316.530000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 32 on md0
[58316.530000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 8328 on md0
[58316.530000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 8464 on md0
[58316.530000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 9160 on md0
[58316.530000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 74104 on md0
[58316.530000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 77848 on md0
[58316.530000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 104857696 on md0
[58316.540000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58316.540000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58316.750000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58316.750000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58316.770000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sda3
[58316.770000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sdb3
[58316.930000] md9_raid1(461): WRITE block 1060104 on sda1
[58316.930000] md9_raid1(461): WRITE block 1060104 on sdb1
[58317.780000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58317.780000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58318.800000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58318.800000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58325.440000] nmbd(6451): dirtied inode 1414 (wins.dat.6451) on md0
[58325.440000] nmbd(6451): dirtied inode 1413 (?) on md0
---counter=3---
Countdown:

/dev/sda:
 issuing standby command

/dev/sdb:
 issuing standby command
[58396.310000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58396.310000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58398.040000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58398.040000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58398.040000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387264 on sda3
[58398.040000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387264 on sdb3
[58400.200000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 0 on md0
[58400.200000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58400.200000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58400.210000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sda3
[58400.210000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sdb3
[58400.220000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 8 on md0
[58400.220000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 32 on md0
[58400.220000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 8328 on md0
[58400.220000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 8464 on md0
[58400.220000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 9160 on md0
[58400.220000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 74104 on md0
[58400.220000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 77848 on md0
[58400.220000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 104857696 on md0
[58400.230000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58400.230000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58400.450000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58400.450000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58400.470000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sda3
[58400.470000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sdb3
[58401.480000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58401.480000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58403.100000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58403.100000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58409.700000] nmbd(14025): dirtied inode 1414 (wins.dat.14025) on md0
[58409.700000] nmbd(14025): dirtied inode 1413 (?) on md0
[58415.000000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 108195360 on md0
[58415.000000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58415.000000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58415.020000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sda3
[58415.020000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sdb3
[58415.030000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973404088 on md0
[58415.030000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973404096 on md0
[58415.030000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973404104 on md0
[58415.030000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973404112 on md0
[58415.030000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973404120 on md0
[58415.030000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973404128 on md0
[58415.030000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973404136 on md0
[58415.030000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973404144 on md0
[58415.030000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973404152 on md0
[58415.030000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973404160 on md0
[58415.030000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58415.030000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58415.030000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387264 on sda3
[58415.030000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387264 on sdb3
[58415.050000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973404168 on md0
[58415.310000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58415.310000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58415.330000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sda3
[58415.330000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sdb3
[58416.340000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58416.340000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58418.220000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58418.220000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58418.220000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387264 on sda3
[58418.220000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387264 on sdb3
[58420.220000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 0 on md0
[58420.220000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58420.220000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58420.220000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sda3
[58420.220000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sdb3
[58420.230000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 8 on md0
[58420.230000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 32 on md0
[58420.230000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 8328 on md0
[58420.230000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 8464 on md0
[58420.230000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 9160 on md0
[58420.230000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 74104 on md0
[58420.230000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 77848 on md0
[58420.230000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 104857696 on md0
[58420.240000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58420.240000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58420.450000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58420.450000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58420.470000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sda3
[58420.470000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sdb3
---counter=4---
Countdown:

/dev/sda:
 issuing standby command

/dev/sdb:
 issuing standby command
[58489.960000] nmbd(20719): dirtied inode 1414 (wins.dat.20719) on md0
[58489.960000] nmbd(20719): dirtied inode 1414 (wins.dat.20719) on md0
[58489.960000] nmbd(20719): dirtied inode 1413 (?) on md0
[58495.000000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 108195392 on md0
[58495.000000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58495.000000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58495.010000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sda3
[58495.010000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sdb3
[58495.020000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973404440 on md0
[58495.020000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973404448 on md0
[58495.020000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973404456 on md0
[58495.020000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973404464 on md0
[58495.020000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973404472 on md0
[58495.020000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973404480 on md0
[58495.020000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973404488 on md0
[58495.020000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973404496 on md0
[58495.020000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973404504 on md0
[58495.020000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973404512 on md0
[58495.020000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58495.020000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58495.020000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387264 on sda3
[58495.020000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387264 on sdb3
[58495.050000] jbd2/md0-8(1279): WRITE block 973404520 on md0
[58495.300000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58495.300000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58495.310000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sda3
[58495.310000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sdb3
[58496.320000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58496.320000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58497.320000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58497.320000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58497.320000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387264 on sda3
[58497.320000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387264 on sdb3
[58500.300000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 0 on md0
[58500.300000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58500.300000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58500.310000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sda3
[58500.310000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sdb3
[58500.320000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 8 on md0
[58500.320000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 32 on md0
[58500.320000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 8328 on md0
[58500.320000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 8464 on md0
[58500.320000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 9160 on md0
[58500.320000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 74104 on md0
[58500.320000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 77848 on md0
[58500.320000] flush-9:0(1290): WRITE block 104857696 on md0
[58500.330000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58500.330000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58500.540000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58500.540000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58500.560000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sda3
[58500.560000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387200 on sdb3
[58501.560000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58501.560000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58502.560000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sda3
[58502.560000] md0_raid1(1246): WRITE block 1950387208 on sdb3
[58510.000000] nmbd(21586): dirtied inode 1413 (wins.dat.21586) on md0
[58510.000000] nmbd(21586): dirtied inode 1414 (?) on md0
---counter=5---
Countdown:

/dev/sda:
 issuing standby command

/dev/sdb:
 issuing standby command

thanks in advance

StarMox

StarMox
Starting out

Post by StarMox » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:43 pm

discussion in thread
viewtopic.php?f=160&t=47631

bye

Weather_Underground
Getting the hang of things

Post by Weather_Underground » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:42 am

hi.

i got a question on this.
the fan. or hardrive of my ts 253 8 gb Pro is making some noise.

how can i reduce this?
TS-253 8Gb Pro, with 10 Tb WD-Red (17/02/2018)
TS-131P For Backups
FW 4.3.4.086
Purposes: Streaming/Backup/XXX streaming/Other stuff.
Windows 10 Home
Minix NEO U9-H

rtorrent version rtorrent_0.9.6-0503-170503_x86_64.qpkg https://mega.nz/#!6R90HCiR!OajUMTRZfskn ... hH3MzsRXVo

:S

aspomwell
Know my way around

Post by aspomwell » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:54 am

This wins the necropost award.
TVS-673 16GB 6x6TB WD Red WD60EFRX-68L0BN1 in RAID6

Return to “HDD Spin Down (HDD Standby)”